close
close

Residents and pets of a Two Rivers home were able to safely evacuate a kitchen fire that caused $50,000 in damage

Residents and pets of a Two Rivers home were able to safely evacuate a kitchen fire that caused ,000 in damage
Residents and pets of a Two Rivers home were able to safely evacuate a kitchen fire that caused ,000 in damage

Two Rivers Fire Department

TWO RIVERS, Wis. (WFRV) – Residents of a Two Rivers home and their pets were safely evacuated after a fire broke out in their kitchen Wednesday.

According to the Two Rivers Fire Department, emergency crews were dispatched to a home in the 2700 block of 12th Street around 12:40 p.m. on July 10 for a report of a fire.


When the fire department arrived, all residents of the house and their pets had already been safely evacuated. The fire had broken out in the kitchen and had already spread to the attic, according to authorities.

Due to moderate fire and smoke damage to the home and its contents, damage is estimated at about $50,000, Two Rivers Fire Department officials said.

No injuries were reported and residents are being assisted by the Red Cross.

The City of Two Rivers Fire Department would like to remind residents that working smoke detectors are essential to provide early notification of a fire to residents. Smoke detectors should be checked twice a year to ensure they are working properly.

Two Rivers Fire Department

The Manitowoc Fire Department, City of Two Rivers Fire Department, Mishicot Fire and Ambulance, Two Creeks Fire Department and Two Rivers Police Department assisted the Two Rivers Fire Department during the incident, which is currently under investigation.

No further information was provided.